What is The Bard's Tale IV?
The Bard's Tale IV is a crowdfunded game made for the fans and developed through their direct support. During our previous successful crowdfunding campaigns for Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera, our legions of generous backers stunned us with their outpouring of support, proving those games still had an audience that was willing to help make them happen.
As we began to look into our next project, we were flooded with requests from many of our supporters who wanted us to return to The Bard’s Tale universe. The dungeon crawl genre it represents has largely been forgotten by mainstream publishers. What better time than the 30th anniversary of the original for us to bring The Bard’s Tale back to life with a true sequel: The Bard’s Tale IV!
- A single-player, party-based role-playing game, rich in exploration, combat and challenging puzzles.
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies.
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music from Julie Fowlis (multi-award winning Gaelic singer) and Mark Morgan (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera), where the Bard's songs and melodies affect gameplay.
- Compelling story and narrative by acclaimed novel and game writer Nathan Long (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera).
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, taking advantage of the latest graphics technologies to create a lush and vibrant world with great interactivity and detail.
- Branching quests and a world that reacts to your decisions and party make-up.
- Recruitable companion NPC characters, bring personality, and maybe trouble, to your party.
- Unlock another layer of secrets as you examine and physically manipulate your magic items and the environment.
- Brought to you by the team behind Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Available DRM-free for Windows, Mac and Linux.